07:00 am - 06:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
Colicci Roehampton Gate Café
138 Priory Lane
Leave time: 07:00 from Clapham Common Bandstand
Please allow enough time to ensure we leave on time.
Please note that this is an UNTESTED route so the time we get back to Clapham Common is an estimate assuming we do not get lost! Make sure you bring lights in case we are delayed and it is dark by the time we get back.
This is The Great Escape route from 2018 organised by the Islington Cycling Club, but extended to start from Clapham Common. Unfortunately, it means riding through London but I have tried to route it via Cycle Superhighways as much as possible. Old Street roundabout has changed layout (no longer a roundabout) since the route was created but I can’t seem to route it properly as the map thinks it’s still a roundabout.
The original route starts at Look Mum No Hands. We will quickly stop for coffee to allow for others to meet up at this cafe instead. Please let me know if you will be doing this. I expect to be at this cafe between 07:30 and 07:45.
Given the length of the route and climbs involved, I will need help out front please!
**This is a Black ride**
• The pace will be 32 km/hr (20 miles/hr) on the flats.
• The average pace for the whole ride will be ~24.5 km/hr (15 miles/hr). Please check your average ride speed on Strava to check you will be ok with this.
• Strictly road bikes only.
• If you’re unable to keep the pace, and are slowing the rest of the group down, then we may encourage you to ride alone at your own pace or help you find a train station.
• a cycle helmet
• front and rear lights
• a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers
• face mask
• anti-bacterial gel wash and/or latex gloves
• plenty of food and water
• cash and bank card.
You will not need a bike lock.
You must adhere to current Government and British Cycling social distancing guidelines at all times. This includes:
• not joining an organised event if you have had any symptoms of Covid-19 within the last 7 days, or have been in contact with someone showing symptoms within the past 14 days
• maintaining 1+ metres distance from fellow riders at all times, except in an emergency.
Please keep in mind that we may need to cancel events at short notice if Government advice changes or if a ride leader poses a risk of spreading Covid-19. We greatly appreciate your understanding with this.
***** Please read our club polices below. ******
***** Please read our RSVP rules. ******
Please change your RSVP if you can no longer make a ride, or you switch rides. Message your ride leader if you have any issues on the day and write any questions in the comments section below.
Happy cycling 😊